This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tortilla Mexican Skillet- EASY!

Tortilla Mexican Skillet - VERY EASY!!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
2 cans (14 oz.) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 cup Salsa (I used home made -recipe on blog)
1/2 cup water
4 flour tortillas (12 inch), cut into 1-1/2-inch squares
1 cup Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions (optional topping)
1 Roma tomato chopped (optional topping)

To make this:
BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
ADD seasoning mix, beans, salsa and water; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min.
STIR in tortillas; top with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and toppings.

4 comments:

Britany said...

This was so delicious today! I can't wait to make it for my family. Thanks for the class - you did great!

Pam said...

Your recipes all look delicious. I am glad you started this blog because I know you are a great cook.

Stephanie said...

This one is a keeper. The kids thought it was great and I have already shared the recipe.
Thanks!

Pam said...

We're making this one again for dinner tonight because we all liked it so much last time.