This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Monday, September 15, 2008

Cowboy Dip

From the kitchen of Melissa Lee! I got this from her blog around New Years and it is my favorite thing to bring to parties, game night, or whatever! When I first saw it, I thought I would never eat that. It is so good, I could probably eat the entire bowl to myself!

Cowboy Dip

2 can shoe peg corn, drained
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed or 1 Tbs. garlic from a jar
1 avocado shopped
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup virgin olive oil (don't use light, yuck)

Mix all together and serve with tortilla chips. It is best with the scoop chips.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is a yummy recipe. I had it at a ward party and was hoping to get the recipe.