This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Monday, September 8, 2008

Sausage Lentil Soup

Sausage Lentil Soup

2 links Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage(casing removed)
or 1/2 package Jimmy Dean sage sausage (I prefer this one)
1/2 onion chopped finely
2 carrots chopped finely
1/2 green pepper chopped finely
2 Roma tomatoes chopped finely
2 TBS. olive oil
2 TBS. chicken bullion base or hard chicken bullion
1 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
1 TBS. oregano flakes
1 TBS. basil flakes
1/4 tsp. black ground pepper
1 tsp. salt (I prefer sea salt)
1 cup green lentils
1 cup pink lentils (you can get them at sprouts)
4 cups water
Cook sausage in a pan. When cooked add to pan olive oil, carrots, green pepper, and onion. Cook until soft. In soup pot put the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high for 10 min. then add ingredients from other pan. Put on med low and cook for 40 min. optional-Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments: