This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Monday, September 15, 2008

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
cream butter and sugar together, then add

3 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. lemon Juice
mix and then add

1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbs. poppy seeds

I like to put this in a bundt pan. Lightly spray with Pam and add mixture. Put in an oven of 325 degrees and cook for 45 min. Test cake with a toothpick or cake tester to see if it comes out clean. Flip onto a plate and drizzle with frosting or leave plain.

Frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon juice or extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 Tbs. butter soft
2 Tbs. milk
Drizzle over top

No comments: