This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Monday, September 8, 2008

Cavatapi Amatriciana

AMATRICIANA SAUCE

1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
3 ounces pancetta-sliced
1/4-inch thick, then cut into 1/4-inch dice
3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (35-ounce) diced tomatoes with their juices
Pinch of Salt and freshly ground pepper (go easy on the salt as the cheese is too salty)
1/4 cup Romano cheese

**In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Sauté the diced pancetta with the garlic and crushed red pepper over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato and cook, stirring, Stir in the salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and is reduced to 3 cups, about 30 minutes. Add the cheese now.**Important add Romano cheese 1/4 at the end of the cooking period.

Then add to Cellentani noodles, (a hollow noodle that is swirled).

No comments: