This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch

1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter
2 cups peanut butter
3 cups rice cereal
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups powdered sugar


Line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper. In a sauce pan melt half of the chocolate chips and 1 Tbs. of the butter on low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of the peanut butter and 2 cups of the rice cereal. Spread evenly in the bottom of the pan. With the back of the spoon, press it down so it is firm, but not smashed. Put in the fridge to cool.


In another saucepan add the rest of the remaining butter and salt, melt. Remove from heat and the other cup of peanut butter and then the powdered sugar. Stir. Then spread half of the mixture on top of the the other layer of chocolate rice cereal. Lightly top with the last cup of rice cereal and press down lightly.


In a small bowl microwave the remaining chocolate chips and stir into the remaining peanut butter mixture you saved. Spread evenly and put in fridge for about 45 min. When cool take parchment paper with fudge out of the pan and cut into even squares.
You can cut these into very small squares because it is so rich.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh yum..I gotta try these!