This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Monday, September 8, 2008

Spanish Rice

~Spanish Rice~

1 ½ cups of rice
1 Tbs. oil

On Med-high put rice and oil in your pan. Stirring the whole time until rice until no longer clear, but almost white like popcorn. And you think it may pop too. Almost to a light tan. (It takes longer than just a few min.)

2 ½ cups water
1 tsp. salt
1 can El Pato Jalapeño Salsa (you can put less in and it won't be as spicy)

Add ingredients slowly the rice. It is very hot so be careful. Cook until it is a high boil. Turn off the heat and put a lid on the pan. Leave it for 10 min. Then before eating- fluff the rice with a fork and eat!


Then for a meat to put in tortilla's I add about 4 chicken breasts in my crock pot with both of these El Pato cans poured over the top. When the chicken is cooked. I shred the chicken and put in my tortilla! SO Yummy! And SOOO EASY!!!

No comments: