Chicken Tortilla Soup
3 breasts of chicken
2 carrots chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1/4 green pepper chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
3 chicken bullion
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
5 cups water
1 can 14 oz. tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 cup rice
1 cup Mexican cheese blend
1 avocado
1 bag tortilla strips
Put the chicken breasts in whole and I cook all the ingredients on med high for about 20 min. Then I take the chicken out while the rest is still cooking and then I strip the chicken into long bite size pieces. Then I put the chicken back in the pot. Cook for another 30 min. on med. to med. low. Then before serving add cheese on top and tortilla strips. Strips of avocado are optional.
No comments:
Post a Comment