1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 stick celery chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup (or celery)
1 cup uncooked rice
1 1/2 cup hot water
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup chow mien noodles
Brown hamburger and drain. Mix in a bowl the soup, soy sauce, pepper, and water until almost smooth. Lightly spray casserole dish and add the rice, meat, celery, and onions. (see below)
Then dump the soup mixture over the top and stir. **
Then put in the oven at 375 for 25 min. Take out of oven and add the chow mien noodles and let it cook for 5 min. more.
**When I made this the first time I thought, yuck. It is not appetizing to look at when you are making it, but when you are done it looks good and tastes great. All of my kids love it!
(for those who have made this before, I got it from Tracie Brown, but of course since I alter almost everything, this one is different)



No comments:
Post a Comment