This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fusilli Pasta with Chicken and Tomatoes

Fusilli Pasta with Chicken and Tomatoes

1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano leaves, chopped
1/4 cup(s) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, chopped
12 ounce(s) fusilli or corkscrew pasta
pinch of salt
1 pint(s) grape tomatoes
2 cooked and diced chicken breasts

Directions
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, 1/4 cup Romano, and half of basil.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook as label directs
4. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water.
5. Drain pasta; return to pot add tomatoes and chicken.
6. Add reserved cooking water to ricotta mixture; stir into pasta and tomatoes.
Toss with remaining basil. Serve with additional cheese if you like.

This is good served cold or hot.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Can't wait to try this recipe. LOVED the mexican skillet recipe.