This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Italian Marinara Sauce

Italian Marinara Sauce

1/2 red onion chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
2 tsp. fresh chopped basil (1 Tbs. dried)
2 tsp. fresh chopped oregano (1 Tbs. dried)
1/2 Tbs. red chili flakes
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
5 fennel seeds chopped (optional- gives it a hot spice)

Take these ingredients and put them in a pan on Med- high and cook them until almost soft. Stiring the whole time.


Then add:

1 (24 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
2 (14 oz.) can tomato sauce

Let sauce simmer on low for 1 hour or on med- high for 25 min. You will need to stir it more if it is on a higher heat.


I use this for all my recipes that use marinara sauce, spaghetti, angel hair, any pasta dish, and even lasagna. For variations you can do the following:

You can add 1/2 lb. browned ground hamburger
You can add 3-4 pieces of chicken breasts cubed- (my favorite)
You can also add Italian sausage

No comments: