This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Monday, May 11, 2009

Baked Pasta with Chicken


Baked Pasta with Chicken

2 Tbs. olive oil
2 large tomatoes diced
1/2 large yellow onion finely chopped
1 tsp. chopped garlic
4 cups marinara sauce ( the $1.00 Del Monte stuff is perfect 2 cans)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups chopped coked chicken
1 package rotini noodles
1 cup fresh basil chopped
3/4 cup grated parmigiana cheese
2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese diced

Heat oven to 400. Bring large pot of water to boil, add pasta until it is al dente. Drain pasta and put in a bowl. In a skillet add tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Cook for 5 min. Then stir in the marinara sauce & pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 min. Remove sauce from heat and stir in chicken. Pour 2 cups of the sauce in the bowl with pasta and stir.
Grease a 3 quart baking dish. Layer the pasta in the dish and then layer basil, parmigiana, and mozzarella cheese with the pasta and sauce. Repeat until all the ingredients are used. Ending with the Mozzarella on top. Bake for 25 min. until the top of cheese is golden.

No comments: