This new blog was established September 2008! I hope to give you fun idea for cooking! I love to cook! I am not a baker, but I do have some great recipes. After you have tried them and you like them, let me know! Please comment!! Thanks! ~ The Chef

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pasta & Bean Soup- Easy

Pasta & Bean Soup

4 C. chicken broth
4 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (1 tsp. dried)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 14oz. can White beans- Northern or white Cannellini (I have made this with light red kidney beans and it is good too.) Drained and rinsed.
1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
2 cups rotinni noodles or shells
1 cup frozen spinach

In a pot add broth, garlic, rosemary and red pepper and bring to a simmer for 10 min. Cover. The take half of the can of bean and smash them, (like mashed potatoes) and add them and the rest of the can to the pot. Then take half of the can of diced tomatoes and puree them and then add it and the rest of the can to the pot. Then add noodles. Cook over med. heat until tender. 10-12 min. Stir in spinach and cook for 3 min. Then serve.

No comments: